I'll pretty much do anything for a beer. Just kidding! The run went GREAT! I set a new PR but I was 3 minutes slower then my goal. Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The weather was great. It was very cool at the start of my run. I'd say it was in the low 40's but that's perfect for running and it heated up nicely. The start of the race was a little frustrating because there were so many people that it was hard to get going. I finally hooked up with a group that was running off to the side and before long I found my own space. You see a lot of weird things in running events but I saw something that made me do a double take.......a lady wearing a thong on her head....yes...I did say "thong". She was wearing it as a head covering. I couldn't take it. I had to speed up to get away, it was too distracting. It was at the beginning of the run so I know I wasn't seeing things. The course was beautiful. It went through trees and along the river. I felt really good until about mile 8 1/2 and then I thought I was going to throw up but..........things settled down and I felt good. At mile 10 lady in front of me tripped and fell down. She was ok but scrapped up. Of course I had to stop and help her up and make sure she was ok. (that's where my 3 minutes went..everyone is on their own next time :) I rounded the last corner before the finish line and saw Tom and the kids. We always have the kids run the last little bit with us. Ellie ran beside me but Torin kept trying to grab my leg......I was a little tired...I had just ran 13 miles. Then he fell down. I was dragging the poor kid. Then a race lady told me "No kids in chute". I just looked at her...are you kidding me? I just ran a long ways and I'm dragging my kid to the finish :) I was finally able to just pick him up and carry him. Ellie just trucked beside me......It was great! Nothing better then having them hang the medal around your neck. Ellie did an amazing job! I'll write about the tomorrow. And then I have to tell you about the friends that went with us.
Have a great day!
Erin

Wow Erin!!! I am super impressed.I love that you love your kids, They are very blessed!!! cher
ReplyDeleteYou're a rock star. And you get extra credits in heaven for giving up your 3 minutes to help the lady who fell down instead of kicking her out of the way. =)
ReplyDelete