CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Do you ever have one of those days

where you're just in a funk? That was me last Thursday. I had my friend watch Torin so I could go for a long run. About 2 miles in, I know it was going to be ugly. I felt like I was running in cement. I made it back home (I only complete 1/2 of what I had planned to do). I crawled inside the pickup, drove to my friend's house and curled up in her patio chair. Thanks Heavens she didn't care that Torin was playing in a mud hole and I just laid there. Don't you just love friend's houses where you can go and lay there like a slug and it's perfectly fine. Torin and I did make it home but I was beat. On Friday, I was so sore. Sore? It's been a long time since I was sore from a run and I only did 4 1/2 miles. Pathetic! Saturday, Ellie had a party (more to come on that later) and on Sunday, Tom and I helped in the 2 year old room at church. Talk about a mad house! Any urge (I wasn't having any) to have another child quickly vanished. Torin was a handfull and he wasn't alone. I told Tom "It's got to be double bad to invision duct taping kids to the wall while at church". We got home and I was tapped out. I just had nothing left. So...of course I decided to go run. It couldn't get any worse...right? And....I felt great. No problems at all. But I have decided that I'm not going to call together eleven two year olds every time I've had a bad run just to turn things around like today. I think I'd rather bang my head on the wall :)

Have agreat day!
Erin

2 comments:

  1. I wish!! I envy your ability. I am encouraged though-- I met some people a couple of weeks ago that bike 25-35 miles a day!! I wish!! anyway, i thought you might like this blog:http://runningtobefree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will always be an open patio chair for you here. We love slugs.

    ReplyDelete