CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My kid is a Rock Star!

Ellie has a huge project at school due tomorrow. Her teacher did a great job of spacing everything out so it wasn't too overwhelming but I think if you got behind you'd be sunk. They had to think of an invention using simple machines. Yeah..so...I had to google simple machines...so what? Ellie knew what they were. We had to make a model, think up and memorize a 1-2 minute commercial (she presents it tomorrow) and do a write-up answering a list of questions. Ellie thought up everything by herself. It was amazing. I helped her build the model but she knew how she wanted it to look. She memorized the commercial after reading it 2 times. I still don't have it memorized. And she wrote (long-hand) a page (single spaced) answering the questions. One of the questions was "Who helped you and what did they do". Ellie wrote...My Mom helped me get my thoughts down on paper and my Dad helped me by keeping Torin out of my stuff. Perfect! That kid is so darn smart. I'm already tired of her making me look dumb and she's only eight!

Have a good one!
Erin

1 comment: