Ellie and I are alike in many ways but we also have our differences. She is a perfectionist and I'm a "that's good enough" person. Yesterday when I went to get her from school, she came out of her class with a certain look on her face. The look was..."I'm trying really hard to hold it together but I'm going to lose". When I see this look I know something is truly wrong. She ran to me and put her head on my chest and just started crying. The sad, sad sobbing kind of crying. I started crying and I didn't even know what was wrong. When she finally calmed down, she said she had gotten a bad grade on her project. The first thought through my mind was....Well..we're going to march right into that school and I'm going to start yelling". (I get a little crazy when it comes to my kids). But then I thought...Ellie's teacher is great this year so everything wasn't making sense. I told her to let me see the grade sheet....Uuuuummmm...really?....she got.... 45/50. She's crying over a 90% on a project? I've never gotten a 90% on anything. I pulled myself together and explained a 90% is an "A". There's nothing better then that. Once I convinced her I wasn't kidding she felt a lot better. So... she's very wound up about her schoolwork her bedroom looks like a tornado went through it. Go figure.
Have a good day!
Erin
Trespass Against Us ()
10 years ago

wow-- how darling!!( after you made me tear up too of course)
ReplyDelete