Ellie received a coupon from our local library for a free goldfish. You read so much and then you get coupons. It's a good little program. Well....our cat died a couple of weekends ago. I know a lot of people are attached to their cats but me? Not so much. I'm very allergic to them. I get hives and my eyes itch. I know..you're wondering why do I have a cat? That's a story for another day. So the cat is dead. The cat was 18. Yep...18!!!! It's a lie that outside cats don't live very long. So I had to tell Ellie the cat was dead. She cried. I have no idea why...I never let her touch it. I didn't want any cat hair to accidentally get on me. I told her we could go get her FREE goldfish. Everything was good and happiness was restored. I was going to pick her up after school and we'd get the fish. But then I started thinking....goldfish don't live that long...right. Well, if I put it in the backyard and ignored it, the dumb thing would probably live forever. So I thought a Beta fish would be better. We had a bowl, food and a little plant already so we're good to go. We got the fish.....6 bucks. Ok...not too bad. I can handle that. But we had to get the stuff you put in the water..."conditioner". Seriously?.....Oh..ok...get that also...2 bucks. We get home, get the fish set up and all is happy....until..... "Mom, I think the bowl is leaking" What, how can a fish bowl leak? There's no crack. We wrapped a towel around the bottom of the bowl and called it good for the night. Of course, Ellie was convinced the fish would have no water in the morning and die. I was hoping not! The fish was fine and the towel was soaked but everything was fine. I took Ellie to school and went to the store to get a new bowl. Oh...and...he wouldn't eat the food we had so Ellie requested new food for him. I go to the store......no fishbowls...there were a million different things for fish though. There were "special" beta bowls. I see nothing "special" about our Beta so I wasn't getting that one. I decided to go with the old stand by and look for the cheapest. There was a carrying case for turtles and other creatures so I declared that our fishbowl...7 bucks...at this point I'm thinking a cereal bowl would work great. New food 3 bucks. Now all I have to do is move the fish from the old bowl to the new one. Oh yeah...fish net...2 bucks. So my free fish is now 20 bucks....I know...I know...go with the goldfish next time! I get the fish in the net and...........it jumps out of the net and lands on the bookshelf. It's flopping around, I'm trying to get it without squishing it and it almost goes behind the bookcase. Finally, I pick it up with my hands and throw it in the bowl. Seriously fish!!!! I don't need this. It lived and.....thank Heavens it still alive. Wow! One little Beta is exhausting!
Have a good day!
Erin
Trespass Against Us ()
10 years ago

LOL! Oh we'd have a great time swapping fish stories. I absolutely hate having fish. We've killed 8, or 11 or something like that...
ReplyDelete