CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good Heavens

You know a couple of weeks ago when I was so bored when Torin was sick? Well, now it's the complete opposite. Everyone is healthy and we're running around like maniacs. Seriously, I'm losing my mind.......hhhhmmmm....I seem to say that a lot.

Tom is finally done with tax season. Hip, Hip Hooray. Stand up and do a little happy dance! It's like having a roommate during tax season. We hardly ever see him. I'm just glad it's over. AND...I've been making a list of projects from him to do for the past 4 months. I didn't want him to think I wasn't thinking about him :)

I'm leaving for my bike trip on Wednesday. And I'm running around packing...stuff.. you gotta pack a lot for a bike trip. All the bike stuff, clothes, food (which makes me laugh because they do have stores there but I feel like I must haul everything 9 hours, I can't just go to the store there) and camping stuff (if we stayed in a hotel......well...I'm scared to think what might happened...that's just unheard of). And of course I must buy groceries for the family when I'm gone. I don't want them to starve to death. I asked Tom if I forgot something could he drive half mile to the store and get it? (side note...Tom is extremely capable of taking care of the kids when I'm gone....I go to Moab every year...but I must have this little freak out every time). He assured me they would be fine. I think he might of rolled his eyes...can you believe it? I have also written instructions on both children. For example....brush teeth..everyday. Change clothes....everyday. Spray children down with a hose at least once while I'm gone. I've already e-mailed Ellie's teacher. (I love that woman). She said "no worries..they'll just go with the flow this week".

Why as a Mom can we not just drop everything, leave and have a good time? I have a great time in Moab but I'm definitely torn when I go. I call a couple of times a day just to make sure everything is ok. And you know what.....it's like a big party when I'm gone. Daddy's in charge, let's go crazy. Oh well, it's good for all of us,I guess. Dang, I forgot to put "take Ellie to school on the list" Do you think they might forget?

Have a good day!
Erin

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were leaving so soon! You're going to have so much fun. I think every mother does the same thing before they leave their kids. Of course I wouldn't know because I haven't left them with anybody since we were in China... I guess it's time for a vacation! Tell Tom I'm here (or in the van) if he needs anything. Call before you leave.

    ReplyDelete