CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank Heaven for Little Girls




When Ellie was three, we started going on Mommy and me camp trips. Oh, the fun we have had. I wrote awhile back that Ellie really loves Ballet but that kid loves camping too. I'm so happy she thinks it's completely normal to jump in the lake, swim around and call that a bath. She thinks it's great to wash your clothes in a bucket and hang them from a tree to dry. We always go for at least two nights but we really like to go for more. The longest we have ever went was for ten days. We were quite popular in the campground. People always ask us 'What the heck are you two doing"? Girls only camp trip, of course.

We have had plenty of misadventures too. There was the time we were mountain biking. I had my bike and Ellie was a tag-along (kind of like a tandem bike). We crashed. Not one of our finer moments but Ellie popped back up and off we went. There was one time we were kayaking in the middle of the lake and a storm came up. I have never paddle so hard in my life. The waves were crashing up and over Ellie head. (I just recently told Tom the whole story of that one). That one was......really.....uuuummmm.....an adventure. But we made it. Ellie said she's never prayed so hard in her life. I could of won "Mother of the Year" on that trip. But hey, it all worked out.

We have made some great memories on these trips and just today we were planning on where to go this year. Now if Ellie would just get up in the mornings and make me coffee, we'd be all set.

Have a great day!
Erin



























































1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom! I'm glad you figured out how to post multiple pictures - they look great! I've never heard the story about the storm in the middle of the lake... Do share!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete