CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Now that I have slept for a bit, I thought I'd tell you about the adventure Torin and I had. Saturday, he was kind of whiny and crabby. This isn't the normal for him. He's usually a very happy kid. Sunday, he woke up with a cough and a fever. I just thought it was a cold. In the afternoon he would cough and then start crying. I thought he had a sore throat. He's had tonsillitis a few times. A little voice in my head (no, not the normal voices in my head...you know....we should have something besides Mac and Cheese tonight...a beer sounds good....we should get of the lake with a storm coming :)the voice that Mom's have, that say something just isn't right. I decided to go to the urgent care center by our house. It was packed. Great! I was hoping they would take pity on us and say "come on back". Nope...the wait was an hour so the lady said try the express care (a little clinic in the grocery store). Ok..because I'm still thinking he has a sore throat. We get there and there's another Mom with a little guy. I ask her what we were supposed to do and she said it was her first time there too. But she said the PA had just gotten another lady and said she'd be right with her. I'm thinking ok..cool... I'm after this little guy. No problem. His Mom said she thought he had an ear infection. Ok, that's not too bad. Look in his ear...see that's it's red..then it's our turn. Torin is starting to get really hot and cry when he coughs. I'm singing twinkle little star, itsy bitsy spider, Away in the Manager....pretty much anything to keep him happy. And yeah, I can't sing.

While all this is going on. Another lady comes up. It was just her, no kids. She sits down at this computer (wait! computer? I didn't see this thing a second ago) and starts typing away. I look at the lady with the little boy and we both have the "Oh no" look. This woman looked ok. Maybe she had a cold but no bones sticking out, no blood pouring out. The PA comes out says "ok little guys there's only one more person in front of you." She calls back the computer lady. WWWWHHHAAAATTTTT????? We got skipped over because we didn't see the computer. The other Mom and I just sat there. I wasn't happy! Give me a break what adult goes in front of 2 little boys that obviously look like crap and are crying. The PA comes out says "You guys need to sign in next time. I wanted to say "Don't worry, there won't be a next time". Earache boys turn next. I'm a pretty easy going person but if someone messes with my kids, I skip over the momma bear stage and go right to Momma T-Rex stage. I'm blowing a blood vessel. Come on, he has a sore throat and fever. Finally our turn...we don't even make it to the exam room. The PA says "you need to go to the ER" WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTT? I been waiting out here, some lady cut in front of us and now you're telling me I need to go to the ER? I didn't say that but I'm sure I looked like I was thinking it. I just said "Seriously, I think he might have a sore throat" She said, No, you better go because he looks like he might need a breathing treatment." AAAAGGGHHHH! I'll post more on the ER later. But the moral of the story is: if someone cuts in line start yelling like kids do "They cut, they cut" and never go to the Express care when you think your kid has a sore throat.

Erin

1 comment:

  1. I hope Torin feels better soon, poor baby. Hang in there and get some rest...

    J

    ReplyDelete