CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camping

We're back from camping and we had a lot of fun. The weather was great but there were lots of mosquitoes. Man, I hate those things. We just had to cover ourselves with bug spray all the time. Tom and I had forgotten how exhausting it is to take a two year old camping. Torin did great but he was all over the place. The first night he had a hard time settling down. But that's understandable when a couple of spots over there was some kind of wild monkey party going on. Now..I'm all for having a good time...kicking back with friends having a tall cool one. BUT not yelling about the top of your lungs..screaming at your kid...in the middle of the nice quiet woods until 2:30 in the morning. What are these people thinking. Simple answer...they're not. The second night was a lot easier! The party people must of got my "Keep my kids up again and you'll be very sad" vibe. We hiked and biked all over the place. I'm still amazed at how well Ellie can mtn bike. And yes...she's still scaring me. She didn't have any crashes until......I went ahead to check out the trial and I told her to stay with Tom. 10 seconds later she fell over. She's scrapped up her elbow. She's ok but I think Tom got a good fright! Torin had fun too. He was running around chasing bugs and at one point I actually saw him pick a handful of dirt up and put it in his mouth. He then walked around trying to scrap the mud off his tongue. What a goofball!

Have a great day!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment