CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just a typical day

It snowed a lot here last night. It was still dark this morning and the kids wanted to go outside. At 8:30 I couldn't take it anymore and out we went. I shoveled the driveway and they played in the front yard. I got the sled out and Ellie was pulling Torin around. Then I got the great idea to pile snow up to make a jump for them. Ellie ran at the pile and Torin caught air going over it but everything was fine. Maybe not such a good idea on my part. Then I decided I'd pull them around a little...they're about 100lbs together.....I've been up since 4:30am....I'm not thinking clearly. Then I decided I'll pull them a little ways down the street....Why not pull them all the way to the park (it's not THAT far from our house). We get to the park and no one has been there. (I wonder why...it's a little after nine) There's tons of snow on the slides. What can be more fun? The kids are sliding down them and going really fast. Being the mother I am..what do I do?...Yep...throw more snow on them. Ellie is going down one slide and Torin is going down another...I'm standing in the middle. I take my eyes off Ellie for a second to watch Torin.....that kid needs one eye on him at all times. I look back at Ellie and you know how someone is going to cry and they're not making any sound and their face is all smashed up? That's what she looked like. I ran over there and yelled for Torin to follow me. I asked her what's wrong. She was crying a little bit and said she hit her lip. I looked at it and it just looked like she bumped it. I looked at Torin to make sure he was beside me and looked back at Ellie. Her entire mouth was full of blood. NOT A LITTLE BIT..... A LOT!!!!!!!!! I have never seen her bleed so much. She's just standing there and I'm just looking at her. Ok..ok..ok... don't spit....it'll look like a crime scene. I hold my hand to her mouth and soon my hand is full of blood. Uuuuummm now what? I shook my hand and blood went all over the snow. (don't worry.. I kicked snow over it before we left so there hopefully won't be an yellow tape surrounding the area later). The bleeding finally slowed down. I looked at Torin and....he has blood on his face. How did he get Ellie's blood on his face? Guess what? Yep...he split his lip too. Not as bad as Ellie and....that's completely normal for him. I told them to get in the sled and we'll go home and clean up. What happens? They both started crying because they don't want to go home. Seriously? We played another 20 minutes..I tried to clean them up...with my sleeve....I was worried Ellie had lost a tooth but she has prefect imprints of her front teeth on her bottom lip. They made a nice cut and she has a fat lip. Torin is fine....we went home and had hot chocolate...anyone want to go sledding with me?

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment