Tom and I are helping in the 2 year old room at church once a month. We are doing the early service because who comes to church at 9:00am on a Sunday? Well, anyone besides us because....we NEVER sleep in...it's just not right. Anyway, the front desk lady said last week was so easy because there were hardy any kids. Ok! Good news. I didn't feel my best because my run on Saturday felt like I was running 150 miles...not even close to that. So wouldn't you know it but we had 10 kids. Now that's not too bad...but one was screaming and crying so hard he was gagging and spitting all over me. God has given me the gift of being about to hold a crying child and it doesn't bother me one little bit but....the gagging...seriously?......all I could think about was.......SWINE FLU!!!!!!!! Just great.. contracted swine flu by a 2 year old in church. Now in the mean time Tom is trying to get the other 9 to do their papers. Don't ask me why we even waste paper on that activity. We just have them stick their stickers all over the paper and call it good. And then.......the "I have to go potty" begins. I have to take them because guys aren't allow to go into the bathrooms with the kids. It's just "a better safe then sorry" situation which is fine. So I give the gagger to Tom and I start the potty parade. I have never said "Good job...you did it" so many times in my life. And of course Torin announces "Wow, Mom I had a ton of Pee Pee". Yep...great...move along. Potty time finally ends...gagger starts again...Torin is jumping off the top of the slide (no need to waste time actually sliding down the slide) and the other boys are racing trucks around the room. And out of the chaos..... I hear the song that was played at Tom's Mom's funeral (yes...we have the radio on during our extremely educational Sunday school session). I think about Florence all the time. I told Tom...you know what? Your Mom is looking down at us and is dieing laughing right now. We both smiled and laugh. And then Tom went to get Torin down off of something and I wiped spit off of my shoulder. It was a good day :)
Erin
Trespass Against Us ()
10 years ago

I know Florence would be so proud of you guys. I'm sure she had a good laugh too!
ReplyDelete