Today was the first time I really explain to Ellie about 9/11. She knows that not everything in the world is "fluffy bunnies and cute puppies". She knows that some other countries don't like Americans because we're free and she knows that some countries don't like us because as American women we have a lot of rights. She knew all that ready but she didn't really understand what happened today 8 years ago. She asked me if today was a sad day or a celebration day. I thought about it and you know what? It's both. It's a sad day because of the tremendous lose that happened but it's also a day to celebrate the amazing courage of others. I think it's extremely important that we just never forgot today.
Erin
Trespass Against Us ()
10 years ago

Emotional day for us too. The girls and I wore red, white and blue.
ReplyDelete