It was cold, windy, windy and oh yeah, did I mention it was windy and hilly. I didn't get my worse time but I definitely didn't get my best time either. And you know whose fault it was? Tom's! Yep, it was his fault because he wouldn't pick me up and carry me or even give me a piggy back ride. I did everything short of..asking him to carry me :) We've been married a long time. You'd think he could pick up on those signals. Ok...ok. it wasn't quite that bad BUT it was ugly. The wind was horrible. I kept running right behind Tom so he could block the wind for me. If he would of trip or if I would of clipped his heels, we both would of crashed. He said I should of got a ten minute penalty for drafting. I told him to "Shut it!" :) When I was running behind Tom, I just kind of started to zone out. I just stared at his butt. Then I started getting mad because how in the world does his butt look exactly the same as when we met 18 year ago? That just isn't right. I'm blaming my wide can on Ellie :). So I started staring at his shoes....they made my feel better about myself :) There was 2 hills that just....sucked! I kept repeating our friend's name that recently died of cancer. He did a 1/2 Ironman while he had cancer. We made it to the end and Tom ate a burrito the size of his head. I looked for beer :)
Erin
Trespass Against Us ()
10 years ago

Love it!!!! ok, so I have to admit it, I have wondered that same thing about Brian's butt. AND while we are on the subject...... Why is he getting better looking as he gets older?NOT FAIR!!! just crazy!!!!Love you Erin!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so disappointed in you. You were just supposed to take a leisurely stroll, not actually run the darn thing! ;-)
ReplyDeletep.s. You realize, don't you, that the next time I see Tom it will be REALLY hard not to check out his butt!
So proud of you!
ReplyDelete