CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

A new book

I'm reading a new book called "One Month to Live" by Kerry and Chris Shook. I've only read a little bit of it but I love it already. My grandma passed away about two year ago. She was in her 80s and decided she didn't want to take her medicine anymore and she was ok with saying it was time to go. It really got me thinking. Would I be able to do that? Could I say goodbye and be at peace? Would I have done all I wanted to do? I have people ask me all the time why do you......(fill in the blank) Usually it's about mountain biking, running, camping...some kind of physical activity. My answer....why not? Yes, I get tired and sore. Today my quads are SCREAMING from my weekend run. But I had a great time with my friends and it was beautiful. Camping is a great way for our family to spent time together. Dirt washes off...you can squish bugs. Since my Grandma died I have felt a sense of.....basically...get your butt going and live life. Don't wait till it's too late. Yes, I believe I will go to Heaven and it's going to be a big party but I'm here now and I must live life now. Same for my kids. I want them to take risks. Enjoy life. God has his hand on our shoulders..we'll be ok. I encourage everyone to take look at what they would change if they only had one month to live. Would be possible to make some of those changes now?

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sista! I would definitely incorporate more Bay Breezes into my daily routine if I only had one month to live... :) Thanks for the great post. Makes me think about the full marathon again...

    ReplyDelete